Beyond the Dash has released the results of a new consumer study focusing on Midwesterners’ values surrounding funeral planning, preparation for death and bucket lists. These findings corroborate earlier studies in both the Northeast and South.
NEW WESTMINSTER, BC, September 16, 2019 /24-7PressRelease/ — Results from a consumer survey on funeral planning have been released today by online obituary provider Beyond the Dash. The research, which focused on the Midwest region of the United States, offers insights like:
– 65.5% want an obituary in print, but less than 19% would pay over $300
– Over 10% said thinking about pre-planning funeral arrangements is “too morbid”
– People over age 55 were 14% more likely to opt for cremation over a traditional burial
– Millennials prefer modern arrangements more than older Midwesterners, including services like bio cremation, celebrations of life, digital obituaries and eco-friendly burial
– Travel was the most popular bucket list goal, with dreams of financial success coming in second
“Nearly 6% of respondents said they’d rather donate their bodies to science research than undergo a traditional burial or cremation process,” said Brigitte Ganger, Content Strategist at Beyond the Dash. “Overall, Midwesterners preferred less extravagant funerals, opting instead for practical arrangements that are simple and sincere. Younger respondents were also more willing to try newer, eco-friendly methods of remains handling, compared to older respondents.”
Read the full report, Funeral Plans in the USA Midwest.
About Beyond the Dash
The life of a loved one is more than just a dash, bookended by two dates. That dash is their life story. Beyond the Dash helps users share, remember and celebrate life stories. We offer simple, elegant and affordable online obituaries to grieving families, giving them the tools they need to publish meaningful, detailed and memorable tributes to their loved ones.
For media enquiries contact Brigitte Ganger, [email protected].
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here